FIBRE announces the 1st Open Call for experiments. We are targeting new experiments (or pilot use cases) to use FIBRE testbed federation.
In the 1st call, up to 3 experiment proposals will be selected to be accomplished in a maximum of 6 months. For each selected proposal, FIBRE will offer a R$ 800,00 contract per month plus a tutor will be allocate to offer a customized support to speedup the experiment deployment. The preliminary result shall be presented in a workshop at the CSBC 2017 (Brazilian Computer Society Congress). Travel expenses will also be covered by FIBRE.
Full information (in Portuguese) can be found in the CSBC workshop page: http://csbc2017.mackenzie.br/eventos/2-workshop-do-testbed-fibre
Proposals to the FIBRE Open Call should be addressed by submitting to the track 2 (“trilha 2”) of the 2nd FIBRE workshop.
- 31-MAR 10-ABR: Extended Deadline for application via JEMS system: https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2771
- 17-APR 24-ABR: Results of the 1st Open Call
- 24-APR 02-MAI: Contract signing and project start
- 30-JUN: Paper submission including lessons learned and early results of the experiment
- 04-JUL: Presentation at CSBC 2017 – II FIBRE Workshop
Questions? Mail to info@fibre .org .br
Experiments selected to be funded:
- Uma Análise de Métricas para Colocação de Servidores de Cache e Distribuição de Conteúdo no testbed FIBRE (UFPA)
- Coleta de amostras de RSSI para testes de handoff em cenários com e sem mobilidade utilizando-se testbeds FIBRE (UFF)
- VCFlow: arcabouço para provimento de serviços de transporte de camada 2 em redes SDN/OpenFlow híbridas (CBPF)
The following experiments were recommended to use FIBRE testbed and authors are invited to present early results at CSBC 2017, although no funds will be granted.
- Redes Críticas (IFRS)
- NovaGenesis no Ambiente FIBRE: Desempenho da Troca de Conteúdos Nomeados (Inatel)
- Estratégias para redução do consumo de energia em redes de data center (PUC-RS)